Seit 2013 ist „Make the world your home“ das internationale Motto und Leitbild von YFU. Darin zusammengefasst wurden die weltweit gemeinsamen Grundlagen und Ziele der YFU-Arbeit: Lernen fürs Leben, ehrenamtliches Engagement, persönliche Ansprache, Wertschätzung von Vielfalt, Orientierung an klar bestimmten Werten sowie internationale Kooperation.
Hier ist der vollständige englischsprachige Text:
YFU advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect, and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families, and communities.
Learning: For Life.
- YFU seeks to instill passion for life-long learning as a path to fulfill our mission.
- We encourage participants and alumni to use their skills and knowledge to thrive and to contribute wherever they are.
Volunteering: Engaged and Dedicated.
- The volunteer spirit at the core of YFU is embodied in the individuals and families who devote their energy, experience, and empathy to ensure the well-being of every individual in YFU's care.
- We believe individual learning and development flourishes in authentic relationships motivated solely by the ideals of YFU.
Caring: Personal and People-Oriented.
- In YFU, we value the unique individual in each and every participant, and we treat every one with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Our volunteers and staff are focused on you: preparing, supporting, listening, giving guidance, challenging, understanding.
- We appreciate the many diverse motivations inspiring our participants.
Valuing Diversity: Inclusive and Fair.
- We appreciate differences in people and peoples, natural or cultural, innate or learned, personal or formal, and we act accordingly, to contribute to a more peaceful world.
- We strive to engage a growing base of participants inclusive of that diversity.
Promoting Quality, Transparency, Sustainability.
- YFU offers educational exchanges based on the highest standards of quality and transparency. In all policies and practices, YFU recognizes the responsibility to consider:
- the well-being of each individual involved with YFU,
- the economic stability of all partners in YFU, and
- the best ecological options.
Cooperating in International Solidarity.
- YFU national organizations work together as a seamless network of interdependent partners, ever improving worldwide cooperation, mutual support, and trust.
- YFU continuously develops as a growing community of non-profit educational organizations.
Hier gehts zur deutschen Übersetzung des YFU Mission Statement.